The amazing health practice few are talking about…
Giving ourselves space to play has many, MANY benefits for our wellbeing, including:
- endorphin release;
- improvements in brain function and growth (play triggers secretion of BDNF, a substance essential for the growth of brain cells);
- memory improvement;
- stimulation of creativity;
- relationship building (it even makes us more attractive to others!);
- nervous system balancing (stimulating the Parasympathetic Nervous System – essential for growth, healing and stress adaptation);
- builds skills and physical attributes (strength, fitness, reactivity etc);
- lowers blood pressure;
- increases dopamine release (a key neurotransmitter in motivation, productivity, focus and zest for life); and
- promotes resilience (physically, emotionally and mentally).
That’s just some of the studied benefits bouncing around.
Pretty amazing huh!
So go play….